IQAir® was begun by two German brothers 45 years ago and has grown to become an industry leader in indoor air quality research and development. Their state-of-the-art factory on Lake of Constance in Switzerland produces high-quality residential and commercial air purification stand-alone single room models as well as whole-House units that can be integrated into HVAC systems. IQAir systems can be purchased online or in franchise stores for $700 to $2300, depending on their level of sophistication.
IQAir Purification Technology
Most HEPA air filters last for 1 year and only captures particles down to 0.3 microns, which allows finer particles to escape. IQAir products feature HyperHEPA® filters which can capture particles down to 0.003 microns with a guaranteed minimum of 99.5% efficiency. They last 2 to 4 years and come in a 4-pack that cost between $295 and $395. Advanced models have V5-Cell gas filters that provide the molecular odor control capabilities to remove volatile organic compounds and gaseous chemicals and have to be replaced every 1 to 2 years.
Their “fan-in-center” design makes the 6-speed fan ultra-quiet, although the maximum energy consumption for all units is 215 watts, not too energy-efficient. IQAir® offers a 5 year warranty, excluding filters, on products for residential use and a 1 year warranty on products for commercial use.
Residential Whole-House Air Purifiers
The Perfect 16™ package includes a pre-installation evaluation, actual installation, post-installation testing and verification. All units are tested at the factory before being shipped and qualified technicians measure the particulate level in the home before and after installation, which typically takes 4 to 6 hours. IQAir® guarantees that the air will be 10 times cleaner after installation with over a 90 percent reduction in the airborne pollutants. No filter replacements are required for 3 years, making the yearly operational costs between $100 to $125. Although the homeowner can replace filters, it is recommended that an authorized installer replace them so they can retest the system and verify the date of filter replacement.
Commercial Air Purifiers
The GC series from IQAir is specifically designed for challenging environments like manufacturing plants or medical laboratories where chemical contamination is an issue. The smaller units are suitable for homeowners that have serious chemical, gas or odor issues. The main difference between the models is the type of material in the filtration cartridge, each of which contains 12-22 pounds of gas phase media. Each unit contains an activated carbon filter — sold in sets of four– and a fine dust micro-and-nano HEPA pre-filter. They all have control panels that feature an intelligent filter life monitor, six-speed fan settings, a programmable timer and LED status lights.
IQAir® products have received excellent ratings from many reviewers including Consumer Digest, Test Magazine, Newsweek and the Allergy Buyers Club, and are often rated number one in their category. Their residential whole house air purifier has received a perfect MERV rating of 16, the highest industry rating for this type of system.
IQAir Air Purifier Models
Residential Room Air Purifiers
- HealthPro® Compact retails for $789 with a 900 square feet radius and stands 24″ high,” 15″ wide, 16″ deep and weighs 25 pounds. This model does not include the V5-Cell gas and odor filter, just the HyperHEPA® filter and a micro-particle PreMax filter.
- HealthPro® retails for $839 and is 28″ high, 15″ wide, 16″ deep and weighs 29 pounds. It does not include the the V5-Cell gas and odor filter, but does have space for it to be upgraded later. Includes a HyperHEPA® and a PreMax filter.
- HealthPro® Plus retails for $939 and measures 28″ high, 15″ wide, 16″ deep and weighs 35 pounds. This unit includes the V5-Cell gas and odor filter along with the HyperHEPA® and PreMax filter.
The Perfect 16™ whole-house unit comes in 2 models:
- The smaller ID -2225 retails for $2795 and is 25.25″ high, 21.25″ wide and 21.25″ deep, weighs 59 pounds and has a capacity of three tons with a maximum air flow of 1400 cfm.
- The larger unit, the ID -2530, retails for $3295 and can handle five tons with a maximum air flow of 2000 cfm.
Commercial Stand-Alone Air Purifiers
The GC series varies according to filter, and the unit stands 15″ tall, 16″ wide, 28″ deep, weighs from 39 to 46 pounds and has a maximum air delivery of 260 cfm.
- GC VOC controls volatile organic compounds and solvents and cost $1189.
- GC MultiGas retails for $1189 and controls a range of organic and inorganic chemicals and gases.
- GC Chemisorber specifically controls formaldehyde, hydrogen sulfide, sulfur dioxide, etc., and cost $1239.
- GC AM is formulated to control ammonia compounds and cost $1239.
The IQAir® Dental Series comes in two models both specifically designed for dentist offices. The 5-filtration system is specifically combats bacteria, viruses, disinfectants and mercury vapors. The unit is 15″ tall, 16″ wide, 28″ deep and weighs 41 to 42 pounds and has a maximum air delivery of 260 cfm.
- Dental Pro Stance is a portable unit on wheels that retails for $1444.
- The Dental Hg FlexVac has a flexible suctioning duct, making it a possible to use it on targeted areas like the patient’s chest during drilling procedures.
Clean Room Grade Air Purifier
- The IQAir® Cleanroom H13™ is the most advanced filtration system IQAir makes and has been specifically designed to contain infections in control units, isolation rooms and pharmaceutical laboratories. Retail price depends on filters required for specific conditions.